Friday, August 3, 2007

Ani, Polaroids, Mosquito bites and Welts the size of pecans

I am a bit of a music snob. We went to borders tonight. There was a girl performing. She was doing a fair job of it, but she started with a cover. This is me being snobby. She started with Ani DiFranco's "Both Hands," which is a great choice of a song to cover. But she started with a cover. I don't know why that bothers me so much.
Before we left for Borders I took some pictures with my Polaroid. Right now my room is pretty bare. I have a mirror that is on the floor propped against the wall. I sometimes move it up into the window so I can get more of a full length view of myself, you know, make sure I look presentable. This is what I started taking pictures of, my reflection in the mirror while it was in the window. I don't know why I liked it so much. Well here they are.




Like I said, I 'm not sure why I kept taking pictures of this, but I just liked it. I like the green hue of the pictures too. I love the mediocre quality of polaroids. I love them. I love them. I almost took another picture of my reflection in the bathroom mirror at Borders, but I stopped myself. I liked the lavender paint of the walls and thought it would look nice with my green shirt, but I only have so many pictures left and I am on a budget.
Here is something I wrote in my notebook a couple days ago. I've changed it a little bit. "I came out here thinking this was my chance to be a new person, but the only person I keep imagining, the only person I want to be is me."
Here is another tid bit. "The need for the new love is faithfulness to the old." Courtesy of good old Amy Hempel. Well kids, that's all for now. I'm feeling a little weird tonight. I feel a little swollen all over and every now and then I get a bit dizzy. It might be the excessive number of mosquito bites I've been getting out here. They bite me all over and I get little welts the size of large pecans. Maybe my theory isn't making any sense, maybe I am delirious. At any rate, I think I need to lie down.

No comments: