This morning when I was saying my morning prayers, I started drifting off to sleep but came to when I realized I was praying these words "please bless zero 7 that they can make ends meet." Wow. I have no idea where that came from or what other nonsense I might have been praying. In honor of my strange little prayer, I will now include the lyrics from "Somersault," my very favorite song by zero 7 who I am sure is having no problems making ends meet.
You're the prince to my ballerina
You feed other people's parking meters
You encourage the eating of ice cream
You would somersault in sand with me
You talk to loners, you ask how's your week
You give love to all and give love to me
You're obsessed with hiding the sticks and stones
When I feel the unknown
You feel like home, you feel like home
You put my feet back on the ground
Did you know you brought me around
You were sweet and you were sound
You saved me
You're the warmth in my summer breeze
You're the ivory to my ebony keys
You would share your last belly bean
You would somersault in sand with me
You put my feet back on the ground
Did you know you brought me around
You were sweet and you were sound
You saved me
You put my feet back on the ground
Did you know you brought me around
You were sweet and you were sound
On a completely other note, I like to listen in on other people's conversations, and actually occasionally write bits of them down. Here are some gems from yesterday and today:
"It looked like whales on it."
"I like to defend Paris Hilton."
Because these are not actually that cool, here are a couple from ages ago that I shall never forget:
"When it comes to popping pimples, you guys are ruthless."
"The rain in seattle is like... omnipotent."
I like the idea of all powerful rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
your prayer was a crack-up. it sounds like when aaron wakes me up in the middle of the night and tries to talk to me, just to hear me say nonsensical stuff. i bet god thought it was cute.
Post a Comment