Friday, March 7, 2008

We Like Handicrafts



We listen to This American Life every Sunday and it is a bright spot in all of our weeks. Because Ann and I usually knit while we listen, we have mandated that if you listen to This American Life with us, you must complete a handicraft. If you don't bring a handicraft, we will provide one for you. We are that serious about it. Christian was a good sport. You can see him above completing his "handicraft." (We had a couple non-girly options.)
The second picture is the "best group shot ever thus far." It was documenting "home teaching en masse" night.

Today was a fairly good day. We had our bumps as always, but it was okay. I've been disturbed this week, however, by the violence that I know is all around me. I don't see all the violence, and I'm not the recipient of any of the violence, but I'm disturbed that when there is a fight the students whip out their phones and take pictures. I am disturbed that N. sent a girl to the hospital because she beat her so bad. I am disturbed that when I told Steve I was disturbed, he told me about a fancy move he would have used on William if William and Tyrone had gotten into a fight. This move he says, can break arms. I am disturbed that people know how to do such things.


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i love the sound of your This American Life/handicraft night. i wish i could join in. i guess i could make a san diego chapter. i'd need friends though.