How I reacted (or rather did not react) to William and his razor blade was a mistake. I see that now. Nothing happened (only because Tyrone wasn't there) but something could have happened and that is troubling. Today D.B. sent for the police to search him. It turns out, however, that he never even made it into the building because he smelled of marijuana.
Kenneth and Derron got in a fight today during 2nd block. I stood right next to them yelling at them to stop but once they really got into it I backed away. I yelled for Tariq to knock on the coaches door, but he was slow as molasses. When the coaches came in, it was like clowns coming out of a clown car, because they all came running one after the other through the door. Coach M. put Kenneth in quite the hold, I didn't really see how Coach B. got Derron down. I felt bad about it afterwards, but as coach M. said to me after class was over and I stood their teary eyed (the kids didn't see me teary eyed of course, as the two young men were escorted out and we put the desks back to rights I instructed the students to just get back to work and do their exit slips and amazingly they complied) anyways as coach M. said," did you get them into each other's faces, did you tell them to start yelling at each other, did you lift up his arm to hit the other kid? No. How could it be your fault? And don't ever get in between two young men about to fight." As always, thank you coach M. And coach B., when you said you had my back the other day, did you realize how soon I would really need you to have my back?
3rd and 4th blocks were both wonderful today. 4th block was wonderful partly due to the fact that Thomas has finally found a book to read and so he finally keeps his mouth shut. Who would have thought that I would ever be happy that a book with the title "Thugs and the Women Who Love Them," exists? Well, I am happy it exists, oh so very happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh boy, it certainly sounds like you're having a great experience. Glad to hear you emerged unscathed.
I'm speechless. "Writeless," I guess. But hang in there. And I love you.
Post a Comment