I have not written in a long time, which doesn't really matter because nobody even knows that I have this blog yet and so nobody reads it. It has been too hard to write down any of the stuff that has been happening. Too hard to have to go through it emotionally again at the end of each day, but I think I am ready to start trying.
Yesterday was dismal but today was pretty good. Its funny that a good day still consists of things like Meloney banging Tariq's leg with a chair or having to tell the class to ignore Derron's frequent outburts of cuss words and your mom jokes, or standing in the middle of three big boys about to fight. (Literally in the midde, but I actually don't think they really wanted to fight, I think they were glad I was there to give them a reason to back down.) There were some nice things too though, like Rickiara telling me I had turned "black on her," or the fact that all three of my classes read almost completely silently for 25 minutes. You probably don't understand what an accomplishment that is, but it really is quite the accomplishment. Derron's detention essay also made me smile, here is an excerpt.
"I am here at this detention again for the same problem. And for the same teacher. I am here at this detention for cursing in class while my teacher was instructing/teaching. I was cursing and talking to a fellow classmate. Well actually I was talking and cursing at almost my whole class." Indeed, he was.
We are all hoping for a snow day tomorrow. Our chances are pretty good. At least the best we've had thus far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
welcome to the blogosphere, dear friend. that's a pretty crazy day that you have every day. keep the blogs coming, your words are always beautifully composed.
You're my favorite, and so your blog is my favorite. I love the picture you put on your blog by the way. I think it's totally awesome. I'm glad today was better and I hope it really does snow tomorrow. I hope it snows cows and horses.
Who but Sarah would give her blog such a perfect name in the first place. And I agree with Aaron - Sarah's words make the mundane sing.
I love you.
Post a Comment